Today is definitely tough. Rama woke at 3a.m. whimpering with pain in her arm. This is par for the course with experimenting with pain management. She had been using pain relief patches but these needed to be supplemented with Endone, which the doctor wanted to phase out. When she got to 15mg patches but still needed Endone the doctor said that obviously her system needed Endone and the patches were not effective so he started the process of withdrawal. (They are addictive, being morphine based) so now Rama is using a 5mg patch and I think that it is telling on her system because by the early hours of the morning her pain relief has worn off. Now I'm in a quandary: do I reintroduce the patch to provide all night relief of let her system adjust?
Either way, this morning has been hard going and it's only 10! Lets see how the day unfolds.
No comments:
Post a Comment