Everyone says that you learn something new each day: it's a time worn cliche but true nonetheless. This occurred to me at about 1o'clock this morning when Rama woke me with her whimpering and crying. At first I thought that she was desperate to go to the toilet but it turns out that she had pain in her back and left leg. There was no apparent reason for this: no falls or twists, she just woke up with it.
But how do you find out what's wrong with someone who cannot speak? How do you determine the level of seriousness? How do you work out what are her appropriate needs? It was these questions that prompted this blog. I'm not seeking answers because I'm not sure that there are any but I need to explain what's going on in our lives in order to for life to make sense to me.
I'm not sure how to structure this blog either, but the thought occurs to me that I ought to go back 7 months to the beginning of this saga to give some perspective, both for readers and me.
No comments:
Post a Comment